Dharamsala, March 6
A 25-YEAR-OLD man died while his wife was struggling for life after the couple allegedly consumed some poisonous substance on failing to repay Rs llakh he had borrowed for their marriage nine months ago.
While Partap of Bagerh village died on Thursday evening, the condition of his wife Anu, a six-month pregnant, was stated to be critical. Kangra SSP Dr Atul Fulzele said preliminary investigation indicates that Partap, a mason by profession, and his wife consumed pesticide kept in the house and left for a nearby forest. When Pratap's condition deteriorated he called up his family members from his mobile phone.
The villagers and his family members took the couple to a Jawalamukhi hospital, from where they were shifted to Dr Rajendra Prasad Medical College and Hospital. The police today recorded the statements of relatives of the deceased.
In another incident, two women, who were related, consumed poison at Narwana village 10 km from here. Sunita (33) and her niece Shivani (28) who were living together, consumed some poisonous substance following an argument. Shivani died at Dr Rajendra Prasad Medical College, while Sunita's condition was stated to be critical. A case has been registered.
Write Once, Earn Lifetime